Saturday, January 5, 2008

Too many changes...


So I woke up this morning with the most overwhelming feeling that everything is about to change... I'm usually really okay with change, but there is just too much this time. To start we closed on our house Thursday and started moving in last night. So now were in a new ward and new neighborhood- Then our baby is due in 3 weeks and i'm so not ready for that. I think i've already forgotten how hard it is to have a newborn around and with a new baby means that we have to get Ethan used to a new bed and hopefully get him potty trained soon, so that I don't feel like i'm constantly changing diapers. I think my biggest fear is not having enough time for Ethan, I really hope he doesn't feel neglected. So if any of you have advise on having a second child, i'm desperate for it...

8 comments:

Arin said...

You'll do great, your a great mom! I can't believe...actually I can...that you closed on your new house and are already moving in..that is AWESOME! I need to come see, ya I still have your birthday present too...are we related or what? I'll call ya!

Melanie said...

Jodi-
I remember feeling the same way about Tyler right before I had Makenzie. Plus, I thought that there was no way that I could ever love Makenzie as much as I loved Tyler- but, of course, I do. I'm so excited for you. Change is hard, but good too. I can't wait to see how cute your baby will be. And trust me, it will make you twice as happy to be holding two hands instead of one.

Debra said...

Jodi-
Oh, I so remember the panicky feeling I had right before my second baby was born! But, Like Melanie said, You will love this new baby just as much as you love Ethan...and I think Ethan will love the baby a whole lot too! Your world is about to change -in a big way- but it's all about balance, and I know you'll be great at it. Life is an adventure and with it comes ups and downs, but for the most part it's pretty darn great! Change is inevitable, So make it work and it will work for you. I am so excited for you and I know everything will be just fine...You're a great Mom!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Hey guys!! We just set up a blog and started looking for friends with blogs too! It was good to see you guys at the Ugly sweater party, even though your sweaters weren't THAT ugly ;) Here is our blog so you can check us out!
marklachelle.blogspot.com

linds jo said...

we do need to get together! i hope you are feeling good and your little bb isnt being to hard on you or your ribs!

Raquel said...

Hey Jodi! The background takes alot of steps but once you do it it's not to bad. There is cute paper from shabbyprincess.com and you just download to your computer and then to photobucket. Once in there you just copy the direct link in the html. Probably sounds easier than it is! Thats so excited you're about to have another baby! You'll have to let me know how the potty training goes so you can give me some tips!:)

Kari said...

Oh Jodi--I so remember those feelings! I have some thoughts, but too many to put here...check your email:) I love the house--so beautiful! Wow, that is a lot of change...do you have work scheduled up until your due date?

Ryan, Jaina, Austin & Keeton said...

Jodi-
I just went through what you are about to, and it took a couple weeks to get settled into a new routine; but everything is great now. And Melanie is right, two hands are better than one.