Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm a BIG kid now...


So I know that this probably isn't that big of a deal to anyone else, but I think we are on the road to getting Ethan potty trained and I am so excited to only have one child in diapers! This is only day number two, but he hasn't had any accidents yet... The only thing that worked for us was putting Cheerios in the toilet and having him aim at them... We also got spiderman panties(I've been told by everyone that with a boy you need to call them underwear but I keep forgetting!) and a money jar that we add to coins to each time that he goes. I've decided that bribbery works for Ethan and i'm fine with that! The best part about potty training is after he says, "I did it mom" and he gets so excited to flush the toilet, it's so cute...

5 comments:

Ali said...

That is way funny about the cheerio's. If Lundyn could talk better I would potty train her. She hates her diaper, she takes is off right when she goes, but she doesn't know how to tell me she went, so as soon as she can tell me, we are going for it.

Mark and Lachelle said...

Congrats on the potty training!! Trust me, having 5 younger siblings, I knew how big of a deal potty training was!! The funniest potty training book is "Everyone Poops!" It's hilarious! And the pictures in it, are priceless! If you haven't read it, put it on your list of "must reads!"

Arin said...

YEAH ETHAN! Cheerio's works like a charm...worked for my mother-in-law and her 4 boys!

Sabra said...

That is awesome. Mommy Wow, he's a big kid now.

Kari said...

Congratulations Jodi! I think it's more exciting to us than it is to them. I remember Austin's first poop in the toilet. I was so excited, I couldn't stop jumping up and down and clapping. He was just laughing at me.