Saturday, November 8, 2008

The CHRISTMAS tree!

So as most of you know- I am a total Christmas FINATIC! I love everything about the season, but most of all I love going with my family in search of the perfect Christmas tree. We normally go up to Heber, but this year we decided to go down to Boulder mountain, because you can cut as many as you want down there and we wanted two trees for our house this year. It snows a lot down there so we wanted to get down there as early as possible so that we didn't get stuck in the snow! We went last weekend and had such a good time. The hotel we stayed in had tennis courts and a huge outdoor hot tub with a beautiful view of the huge red cliffs of Capitol Reef. I think we sat in the hot tub 3 times in 2 days! It was so fun and although the tree is not perfect it looks great to us! It is taking all of the strength that I have not to just haul it in my house and decorate, I am trying to hold off for a few more weeks, but trust me when I do get it in and get it decorated- there will be pictures on the blog!

6 comments:

Callie said...

I am really excited to go get my tree this year. Going to cut down the tree is a fun tradition! It looks like you found some good ones.

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ah man, is it Christmas already? Yeah, no tree for us this year. All our Christmas decorations are in storage somewhere. Who knows where though. That's awesome you guys already got your tree. I'm expecting to see some pics of a decorated tree real soon ;)

Jaclyn said...

Jodi-
I am jealous. How fun for you. If it wasn't for Dace, I would have my christmas right now. He really is insistant on no christmas until after HIS favorite holiday. Thanksgiving. bummer for me.
Jaclyn

loven it! said...

so jodi, i was totally going to get this back ground!! you beat me to it!! how are you??

Kelli Proctor said...

I picked out this background too when I looked at the backgrounds on this website! I LOVE how you love CHristmas! I like it too, but I dont start getting the fever until after thanksgiving, although I do have to admit Rod Works made me get a little CHristmas bug early! You are awesome and I love how you already have your lights up too! They look great! Hope you are doing great!

Shawn, Hayley and Jack said...

I can't wait to get the Christmas stuff up also. That looks like a great tree. What a fun tradition!